Friday, October 1, 2010

How could I have forgotten to post this????


THE most exciting thing that's happened in a while is that I got off my butt and did something about my long time dream of having a dedicated studio space in my house. After much thought I hired a friend to build a dividing wall in my garage, leaving half for storage and half to be....ta da! This space. It's rough. I still have a long way to go. It has to be better insulated before winter and there is drywall work to be done, flooring, and more, but it is usable and I love, Love, LOVE it. It makes me super happy.

One of the best things about it, aside from the fact that it keeps my art supplies and work from overwhelming the rest of the house, is this:


I can lounge on the sofa with the dogs while playing with new ideas, waiting for paint or glue to dry, or even nap. It's fabulous, I tell you. Everyone should be so lucky.

This week I'm in full gear getting ready for the Introduction to Art Journaling workshop which is scheduled for Saturday afternoon, October 9, at Crystal Mesa Farm. It's going to be so much fun - like being in kindergarden again but without the mean teacher I had back then. Lots of paint, paper, glue, glitter, ideas, and much more. I will post the flyer tomorrow with all information.

I've joined the Sketchbook Project (see button to the right) and they've already shipped my sketchbook. Think about it. 2800 sketchbooks by all sorts of people all archived for posterity. My theme (chosen for my by randomness) is "secret codes". Hmmm... I will post pics of my book as I go along so you can see how it's coming along. Feedback appreciated.

I've also signed up for an online art journaling class for myself. You can find more information here: DirtyFootprints Workshops. It's my little treat to myself for the month of October and I'll be posting some of the results of what I learn here, as well. It looks like a busy, exciting, expanding, fun month!

1 comment:

Semper Gumby said...

FABULOUS, to be sure. I understand the joy completely! Happy, happy days. Look forward to hearing all the rest of what you've been up to later.