Monday, October 18, 2010

Playing in the World of Creative Journaling





Busy, busy, busy...have been working on getting my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project going but the pages are so flimsy that they are only good for pencil drawings which are not my thing...so, little by little I'm gesso-ing pages together to make it more sturdy. i hope to get started this week though the unusually damp weather is slowing down the drying time. My theme, assigned by those in charge of such things at Sketchbook Project headquarters, is 'secret codes', which is surprisingly fun to work with. I have a lot of ideas for it and will post pics when I get started, but meanwhile up above are some recent pages from my ongoing journal.

I've joined a hundred or so other people at 21 Secrets, hosted by Connie Hozvicka of DirtyFootPrints Studio. 21 Secrets is an online creative journaling extravaganza that pulls 21 different art journalers together to teach their favorite secrets. It has been great fun and I've learned some new tricks. In fact, I've enjoyed it so much that I've signed up for Connie's next online class which is entitled "BIG" - it's all about painting BIG. As I am a dedicated small format painter, this will be a challenge for me and I'll be sure to share my experiences as I venture out into larger canvases.

Back to 'work' ;)

No comments: