Monday, November 29, 2010

yarn, paint, and other deliciousness

So, not long ago I went looking for a particular ball of yarn. I'd bought it at a sale last year and I thought it would be perfect for a little project I had in mind. I had to look in a lot of places because it turns out that I have a lot of little stashes all over the house, some I'd almost forgotten about. In the search (which was ultimately successful you will be glad to know) I realized it was time I took a good long look at this...

No, this is not a photo of my favorite local yarn shop, though much of it came from it (them). This is the sum total of my, ummm, shall we say... inflated sense of knitting prowess and productivity?

You could be kinder and say that it is a table full of hopes and dreams, of gifts planned (and time run out of), of love in a squishy colorful pile of wool. It's all that and someday it will be more but for now it is at least separated by color and packed safely away...and I'm working on some new projects just in time for Christmas.

On the painting front, which has taken far more time than knitting of late, I am in the 6th and final week with Connie Hozvicka, of Dirty Footprints Studio and her inspired, supportive, talented and lively community of women. Somehow she's gently pried my tightly clenched fingers off my little art journal and prodded me into painting big. I mean, really BIG - as in larger than life. It's exhilarating and, well, I love it in a big way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just popped by to wish you all the best in the New Year and send you big hugs. It was great sharing BIG with you
Hugs
Lynna G

Jayita said...

I love that you organized your stash in a beautiful colorway to photograph for your blog :)