Monday, October 19, 2009

playing with ravens

Haven't done a lot, other than doing some dyeing of wool, which is turning out better than expected as I spin it, and in the last few days just playing around. My 'studio' in the laundry room is proving to be very unsatisfactory, so yesterday I moved it all outside. The autumn weather is amazing and it feels so good to be outside, which leads to being happy, which leads to being more creative.




It's been wonderful to just hang out under the apple tree, doing whatever comes to mind. Decided that today I'd finally use the beginner woodcut/stencil/printmaking set I'd bought months ago. Here's my first effort. I'm pretty happy with it but definitely want to improve. It's a very fun art form.



Have to work on the inking though...

No comments: