Monday, January 25, 2010

And months go by....

Yes, it's been four months or more since I posted. I plead Christmas and birthdays and a new year as excuses, for whatever that's worth.

I have not been creatively inactive, however. There have been visits to the LYS(s) with the resultant knitted headbands, scarves, and hats. A few paintings have been given as gifts for the holiday season. Sketching is a new passion. I've been out in the snow and ice with the camera...all fodder for the springtime creative surge. Isn't winter supposed to be for hibernation, contemplation, and meditation? It is a fertile ground for the seeds that wait beneath the surface. They will spring up when the sun comes closer, the rains fall, and the sap runs in trees and leaves.

I hope this season of winter is the same for you. Sit with what moves you, it's all grist for the mill.

No comments: