Saturday, March 27, 2010

Still here, still working



This has been the sight I've seen from my window quite a lot these past few months. The dogs haven't had a proper run in weeks and neither have I. We are getting a little stir crazy in here.

You'd think that with all the indoor time I've had I'd have been knitting and spinning and painting and more, but frankly, I've mostly watched a lot of movies, read some really good books, and not much else - but there are some successes. Just to prove it, here's a few pics of some works in progress. This one is the brother to a childs blanket I made for a friend a few years ago on the birth of her daughter. Finally, five years later, I've almost finished this one (I still have to sew the binding on) - and right on cue, momma is having another child in April. Sometimes the universe just works :)


This is an ongoing spinning project - what I go to when I need time to go all zen and empty my mind. It's a merino/silk blend from my favorite etsy person, Ny, at Ilashdesigns. Her sense of color beats all and this roving, as ever, has been pure pleasure to spin. Not sure if I will ply it or leave it as a single, but I have time to figure it out.



In other news, I've heard some fine live music here. One of my favorites is Chuck Cannon. Singer and songwriter, he hails from the Carolinas. His songs tell familiar stories with a twist. He's a little bit country, a lot bluesy, and a thread of gospel runs right beneath the surface. He was one of 5 performers at a show at the Lensic here a few weeks back and though I never heard of him before, I'm a fan now. Twice this week I've awakened to his songs running through my head and I haven't gotten tired of them yet. Check out his website for a sampling: Chuck Cannon

Last, but not least, I spent the better part of last week with my daughter in Philly. We explored the city, attended the Picasso exhibit at the museum of art (and ran up the steps like Rambo, too!), ate some wonderful food, shopped, talked, watched movies, and had a great time catching up after two years apart.



With warmer weather I've been out with my camera more and am working on a few new projects. Have also been playing with altered photos and keeping a fairly regular art journal. More on those later - it's time to get moving and have some breakfast, walk those crazy dogs and start the day.

No comments: